Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 3 - 2014 End of Year Book Survey

Hi guys! It is Day 10 of the Winter Re-Read-a-Thon and Day 3 of the My Year in Books Week. Today is December 31st, meaning that it is the LAST DAY of 2014. To wrap up this year, I'm going to do Jamie of the Perpetual Page Turner's survey. It's a great way to look back and remember our reading year. I am going to include the books that I read on November and December of 2014 because I couldn't remember which books I read during those two months and this year.

2014 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 154 (counting novellas)
Number of Re-Reads: None (yet) I'm participating in the Winter Re-Read-a-Thon, so I'm probably re-reading some right now!
Genre You Read The Most From: YA

Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
Since I did a Top 14 of 2014 post yesterday, I'll just do my top 3:
Crown of Midnight
Clockwork Princess
Cress
(What's with all the Cs?)

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. After all the 5 stars from, well, everybody, I really thought I would love this book, but I ended up giving it 3 stars

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
I'll Give You the Sun. I previously did not have much experience reading contemporaries, and the ones that I read were rarely 5 stars.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Throne of Glass. I think I've talked about this book enough to my friends that they're now sick of it.

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
The Lunar Chronicles; Crown of Midnight; Clockwork Princess

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Sarah J. Mass. Need I say more?

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
None

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Cress. The action in this book are brilliant and I literally could not put it down.

9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Lunar Chronicles to prep for Winter!

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
The Assassin's Blade. The colors and how they work together is amazing, and the way that they portrayed Celaena is so baddass.

11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Celaena Sardothean. She's extremely strong, powerful, daring, sassy and all are around a memorable character.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Shatter Me. I just read this book a few days ago, and the cross-outs are unlike anything I've ever seen before.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Unravel Me. I know this is a weird choice, but I'm currently reading this book and it made me really think about war and innocence and our society and how is there really such thing as killing for a "good cause"?

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
None

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
Oh, wow. This is impossible. If you haven't noticed, I love quotes. I always favorite quotes after I finish reading every book on goodeeads, and I have a Pinterest board in which I pin my 200+ favorites quotes. Hm.... Of the top of my head, it's " Tell the sun and stars hello for me." by Rick Riordan; "Shot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars." by Las Brown.

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
City of Heavenly Fire: 725 pages
Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe: 1 page (It's actually a poem)

17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Champion. The ending didn't shock me, exactly, but I have to give credit to Marie Lu for its cleverness.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Tessa and Will
Chaol and Celaena
Lola and Cricket of
Cinder and Kai of the Lunar Chronicles

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
June and Noah of I'll Give You the Sun

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The House of Hades

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Harry Potter

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Cricket Bell *swoon

23. Best 2014 debut you read?
I know it's not released in 2014, but Legend

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Harry Potter

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Lola and the Boy Next Door

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Clockwork Princess

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (more people need to know about this book!)

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Crown of Midnight

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
I'll Give You the Sun (the writing style is unlike anything I've ever read before)

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Crown of Midnight (made me love the book more)

Your Blogging/ Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
Heir of Fire, because I think it's my most coherent one.

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Top 5 Wednesdays, they're fun to write!

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
None

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Reaching 2000 views (I know it's small, but still)

6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
None

8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Goodreads. I know.

9.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I didn't set any.

Looking Ahead
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Attachments

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
Winter

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
None

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Winter

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Reach 50 subscribers? *fingers crossed

6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
None

Whew. That was VERY long. Well, this is it for today's post, I'll see you people tomorrow with another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment