Friday, October 3, 2014

September Wrap-Up

I read 11 books this month. That's awesome. (for me anyways) My favorite one is no doubt Crown of Midnight, followed by The Assassin's Blade and The Kiss of Deception. So yeah, let's just dive into it :D


The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas: Wow. This series is so awesome! If you didn't know, this is the novella bind-ups of the Throne of Glass series about Celaena's past. By the way, do you see that beautiful cover? Yeah. It's awesome. Let's talk about the characters. The characters.... (In italic) We definitely get to see Sam, Arrobyn and of course, Celaena. This book made me realize just how hard her life has been, and even though I know what was going to happen at the end of this book (it was stated in Throne of Glass), it still crushed my soul. Sarah did a really great job making us feel attached to a character within one book. In Crown of Midnight, there are many references to the events in this book so I recommend reading this after Throne of Glass, before Crown of Midnight. Definite 5 stars

Just One Day by Gayle Forman: This was kind of a slow read for me. I prefer If I Stay over this. However, I like how Gayle didn't just finish it off after the day ended -she continued with the story so we get to see how big of an impact one day can make. This wasn't the light read that I was expecting, but more of a finding yourself story that I quite enjoyed. 4 stars

Just One Year by Gayle Forman: I'm not sure how I feel about this book. While I liked how it gave us a look at Willem's mind, I thought that it was unnecessary to end it at the same point as Just One Day. I feel like it would have been better to skip some of the unnecessary things that made it slow and just go on with the story instead of making a novella as the sending. It was, though, interesting enough and made me want to read Shakespeare, so I'll give it that. 3 stars

Dreamland Lake by Richard Peck : This was a required reading for an essay that I had to write. 1 star

Then Again, Maybe I Won't by Judy Blume: This was a required reading for an essay that I had to write. 2 stars

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas: This book. This book people. I'm not saying much because I'll have a book review of it in a little while, but THIS BOOK IS FRICKN AMAZING, to say the least. 5 stars (I would give it more)

Shane by Jack Schaefer: This was a required reading for an essay that I had to write. 1 star

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout: This book was a pretty fast read, it was fun. It didn't impress me whatsoever, but it was a cute story. 4 stars

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods by Rick Riordan: This was really fun. I loved that Percy was the one telling the story, I had missed him in my life. It also made the Greek myths a lot more interesting. Oh, and also, the illustrations are gorgeous :D 4 stars

The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford: Required reading. 2 stars

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson: This book was a bit slow in the beginning, but the last half redeemed this book for me. I love the mystery aspect of it, because we don't know who is the prince and who's the assassin in this book until about halfway through the book. The manages to  have chapters from their point of view but still keep it a mystery which is awesome. Lia is very fierce and sassy, considering she's a runaway princess. 5 stars

So that was my wrap-up. What was some of your favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment