Thursday, April 30, 2015

Top 5 Favorite Series Endings

Hi guys! Today I'm going to do a T5W with the topic of favorite series enders. This is one of my personal favorite topic, because reading a last book just feels really good, if I'm making any sense. I like tying the loose storyline thread - either the main one and the many tiny ones. It gives a sense of closure that makes me really happy. I'm going to try to not have any spoilers, so bear with me. Anyways, let's get started.


5. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
The last book of the PJO series wrapped up the main villain (Kronos) pretty well, especially with the epic battle(s). The early beginnings of Percabeth is oh so cute, and the action started even from the first chapter, with the unforgettable first line: "The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my cart." Ah.... Good times, good times. And then Beckendorf and Silena.... But still, the ending with the prophecy, kiss, and peaceful camp thing won me over :)

4. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
I'm a tad biased for this one mostly because certain TID characters showed up, and the mini comic done by Cassandra Jean about the wedding made my heart so happy... And the ghosts... All the relationship was wrapped up with a bow (Malec!), and the funny dialogues only added to the fun.

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Couples everywhere! Of course, that's to be expected, but Isla and Josh's story was so cute! And the last few chapters with St. Clair, Anna, Lola, and Cricket is just bursting with adorableness. And then a certain huge thing happened, and ahhh so happy!


2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
William Herondale. And Tessa, and Cecily, Gideon, Charlotte, Gabriel, Sophie, Henry, and of course Jem. The whole cast brings back memories of awesomeness, especially when certain someones visited their parents in the very end :) Heartbreak, one after another, and the epilogue that tore my heart forever. Amazing conclusion to (one of) my favorite series.

1. Champion by Marie Lu
Ahhhhhh. That epilogue. And how it gave a brief explanation of each birthday and how June celebrated them (which, by the way, is a great way to recount the past). Then, she meets a certain someone after many years of separation (I forgot how many), and how they basically remake the fantasy of what would happen if the two characters had met in the streets like normal people. So hopeful...and that last line is just beautiful. Some of my favorites:
'I hope," he replies softly, "to get to know you again. If you are open to it. There is a fog around you that I would like to clear away."  
 "I've been searching for a long time for something I think I lost. I feel like I found something when I saw you back there."   

And that is it! I know that it's a Thursday, and this whole thing's called the Top 5 Wednesday, but I couldn't pass this topic. Anyways, what are some of your favorite series enders? Tell me in the coments below :)

4 comments:

  1. I liked the Champion series ending too! I participated by doing a video for this topic if interested: https://youtu.be/EpMmFwnRTzc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Okay, I'll check your video out :D

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Champion! That is seriously the best series ending of all time. Well, one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was so hopeful yet sad at the same time :)

      Delete