Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - Queen of Shadows

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spines (check her out here), that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I know that I haven't done this in a LONG time, but I've decided to do this one because of the book.


This week's most anticipated book is Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.


Here's the goodreads synopsis for it:
"Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past...

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.
Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world."

I am so insanely excited about this book, 'cause last time I checked, it didn't even have a title or cover. Look at it now! I love the redish pink color, and how she looks ready to take her revenge. Heir of Fire was an awesome book which ended with the characters in awesome situations (whether good or bad). Does anybody know if we're going to see Rowan at all? I mean, with the events of Heir of Fire, I can't be sure. I'm eager to see Chaol, Dorian, Manon, and Aedion, but Celaena the baddass of them all still wins first place. Am I the only one who's a little confused about the hair? What happened to it? I do like how it tells the transformation of her to the queen that she is. Anyways, I don't feel like that summed up my excitement, but just bear with me.

This book will be out on September 1st, 2015. SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment