Saturday, July 26, 2014

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer Book Review




This is the second book in the Lunar Chronicles. That being said, I can't say really anything about this book without spoiling you guys, so I won't. Know that this is currently one of my favorite series, so I do highly recommend it :D

SPOILERS for Cinder

If you loved Cinder like I do, you will not be disappointed by its sequel, Scarlet. Scarlet picks of right where Cinder ended. Cinder aka Cinderella is in prison, having just found out that she is the Lunar princess Selene, who was believed to be dead. There, Captain Thorne, a cocky but amusing criminal. Queen Levana, the ruthless Lunar queen who will do anything to keep the Lunar's throne for herself is plotting to rule Earth using the ability to control minds that Lunars possesses. Scarlet aka Little Red Riding Hood, on the other hand is trying to find her missing grandmother. She meets the fierce but caring street-fighter Wolf who might be more than he seems.

“I knew they would kill me when they found out, but…” He struggled for words, releasing a sharp breath. “I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you.”

SPOILERS for Scarlet

The first time I read about Captain Thorne, I was a bit skeptical that it was going to be a love triangle situation with Cinder, Prince Kai and him. It was intriguing to see how Marissa Meyer ties the story of Cinder and Scarlet and where they meet. I was happy that we got Iko back, because I had missed her comments. It was really sad to see Prince Kai struggle with the pressure of being the Commonwealth Emperor and with trying to maintain peace with Luna.

“A relieved grin filled up Thorne’s face. “We’re having another moment, aren’t we?”
“If by a moment, you mean me not wanting to strangle you for the first time since we met, then I guess we are.”

I gave this book 5 stars, I enjoyed it so much. I read Cinder in one sitting, and Scarlet in two sitting. I think that our group of four will rescue Prince Kai, and then go to the satellite where Cress is kept.

If you didn't know, Larissa Meyer wrote a fascinating short story about Wolf's past and how he became a Lunar soldier.

The Queen's Army: http://www.wattpad.com/story/10535772-the-queen%27s-army


What was your opinion about this book? Do you agree with me? If not why? Please do not spoil me for Cress.

See you soon,

Alma



No comments:

Post a Comment