Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Liebster Award

Hi guys! Today's post is an award that I'm sure you all have heard of: The Liebster Award! I was nominated by Hannah of The Donkey Invasion (thanks so much, by the way), and here are the rules:
1) Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
2) Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
3) Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
4) Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
5) Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.


1) Who encouraged you to start reading?
Hm... Well, to be honest, I started reading on my own. My first day of school in America, there was a book fair going on, so me and my class went and I bought a book (which I proceeded to finish in about 2/3 days). After that, I kept on going back to the library, and I guess I just kept on doing that :)

2) How long have you been running your blog?
I first started this blog last summer, so about a year.


3) Do you write loads of blogs in advance, or do you write one at a time?
4) Do you watch any booktubers? If so, who?
5) Where do you get your books from? (I.e - book shop, jumble sale, kindle/Amazon store, library etc...)
6) Three books you recommend
7) Name your favourite male, female and animal character from a book
9) Can you read as a passenger in a car?
10) Is your blog strictly for books, or is it a mix?
Here are my questions:
I nominate all these awesome people:
And that's it for today's post! Please leave your post links if you guys decide to do it :D

I would like to think that I write in advance, but since I am a lazy person, usually I write posts one at a time (even though right now I'm prewriting a bunch so my blog is still active while I travel).

Yes, even though not as much since I've been on my anime/cartoon kick. CassJayTuck and PeruseProject are some of my all time favorites. (What are some of yours?)

The library. That place is my heaven.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, Legend by Marie Lu, and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

This shouldn't be a surprise for the male one, but it's William Herondale. Yup, I know. Celaena Sardothean and Annabeth Chase are tied for my female character. For the animal character I'm just going to pick one from a cartoon that I'm rewatching right now, and that is Appa! I love him! He's just so amazingly fluffy :D

8) Do you watch the film or read the book first?
I read the book first, but sometimes I procrastinate to do even that, which is why I haven't seen the Paper Towns movie. I know, I'm a bad person, and it's John Green, but how do you even stop procrastinating??

Yes, one of the greatest things about traveling is that I can read non-stop and uninterrupted for a long period of time :P

It's mostly about books, but I occasionally do a random post where I talk about tv shows/anime/cartoons.

1. Do you have any weird nicknames? If yes, what are they?
2. What are tv shows/anime you recommend?
3. Favorite place to read?
4. Songs you're currently listening to?
5. Hobby other than reading?
6. Why do you like reading?
7. Least favorite genre of books?
8. Do you read fanfiction?
9. The one place you want to visit?
10. Random question, but if you were to choose laptop or book? Yup, I'm so sorry I did this to you :P

Anna-Maria of A Book Obsessed
Anna of Unquenchable Reads
Ivy of IvAnReads
Courtney of CourtneysReads
Olivia of Brewing Up Books
Britanny of Space Between the Spines
Haley of My Addiction: Books
Sam of Book Rebels
Esther of A Reading Addiction
Tina of Tina, the Bookworm

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! I will definitely be doing this within the next few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, Alma! And you watch Avatar: The Last Airbender? I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! :) Appa is so cute, and so is Momo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I'm a little iffy about watching Korra, but I guess we'll see

      Delete